Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Giuliani Releases '12 Commitments'

Yesterday, Rudy Giuliani released his 12 Commitments to the American people. These commitments are what he plans to put in place if he is elected president. The 12 Commitments are below:

1. I will keep America on offense in the Terrorists' War on Us.
2. I will end illegal immigration, secure our borders, and identify every non-citizen in our nation.
3. I will restore fiscal discipline and cut wasteful Washington spending.
4. I will cut taxes and reform the tax code.
5. I will impose accountability on Washington.
6. I will lead America towards energy independence.
7. I will give Americans more control over, and access to, healthcare with affordable and portable free-market solutions.
8. I will increase adoptions, decrease abortions, and protect the quality of life for our
children.
9. I will reform the legal system and appoint strict constructionist judges.
10. I will ensure that every community in America is prepared for terrorist attacks and natural disasters.
11. I will provide access to a quality education to every child in America by giving real school choice to parents.
12. I will expand America's involvement in the global economy and strengthen our reputation around the world.

Mayor Giuliani appeared on Hannity & Colmes on Tuesday to discuss these commitments. In the interview, Giuliani said,

"The idea of it is, these are the things that we want to base our campaign on, presidency on, things about the future. A campaign should be about ideas, and
about ideas for the future. And so much of the debate, and particularly on the
Democratic side, has been about going in reverse, going back to the 1990s.
And you listen to that last Democratic debate. They must have said that a
half a dozen times, want to go back to the 1990s on terrorism, where we're sort
of in denial. We want to go back to the tax rates of the 1990s. This is just the
opposite. This is, let's turn America around. Let's head toward the future.
Let's take a look at, how can we make the tax code fairer, simpler? How can
we actually lower taxes and put more money back into the private economy? How do we deal with terrorism, this war they have against us, by being on offense, rather than going back to the way we were on defense in the 1990s."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this site really stand for individual freedoms? Or just a couple of freedoms? I have had nothing but trouble trying to log in to the other earlier site I am a member of Republican Majority for Choice I will not waste your time or space if you resemble the Bush Administration..
Sandy

Anonymous said...

These sound like excellent ideas--I hope Giuliani will be able to live up to them. I hope Giuliani will end up becoming more forthright with his moderate stances on issues like abortion.